Active and physically competent individuals
Juying Primary School strives to provide a quality Physical and Health Education that ensures active participation and enjoyment of a wide variety of physical activities and sports.
We customise our PE curriculum to ensure there is a balance between breadth and depth of the various PE components such as:
- Games & Sports
- Outdoor Education
- Physical Health & Fitness
- Authentic, hands-on learning
- Active Learning
- Applied & Integrated Learning
- Games Concept Approach (GCA)
- Habits of Mind Infusion in PE
- Development of SEL and 21st Century Competencies
Our department programmes are structured through the 4Es:
- Exposure and Experience for all
- Engagement for the interested
- Excellence-building for the talented
Exposure and Experience for All
The school initiates the following programmes to provide opportunities for pupils to extend their learning beyond Physical Education lessons. Pupils will be able to learn new skills and values such as the importance of making healthy choices in life. Differentiated activities are planned for the lower, middle and upper primary levels to promote participation and engagement level.
Programmes under this category include:
- Sports Carnival
- PE Assembly Programmes and HealthTalks (e.g. Dental Talk, Eyecare Talk)
- P1 and P4 Road Safety Programme
- P3 Swimsafer Programme
- P4 Outdoor Adventure Camp Programme
- P5 Sports Enrichment Programme in Bowling
- P6 Sports Enrichment Programme in Archery
- P6 Post PSLE Interclass Games
Engagement for the Interested
For those who are passionate in the Sports, they can participate in Play@Recess Programme. As part of the school’s culture to promote active and healthy living among students, Play@Recess is designed to give students a platform to engage in unstructured play during their recesses. Pupils synergise with their peers to form teams and play within their allocated spaces (i.e. Basketball Court and the Field) ensuring each other’s safety and well-being. Students learn to resolve conflicts with their friends and practise our School values such as Integrity, Collaboration and Self Discipline.
Excellent-building for the Talented
Pupils who display musical or artistic talents will be identified by teachers through these programmes:
- Sports Arts CCA Recommendations for Primary 2 students going to Primary 3
- Junior Sports Academy
Other Department Programmes:
- NAPFA Test for P4 and P6 pupils
- Active Kids Programme for selected pupils (Weight Management Programme)
Our school partners SportsSG for some of our PE programmes.
Our specialised PE Teachers closely work with PESTA in developing their pedagogies. Our PE Senior Teacher is also involved in conducting NLC for the West 3 Cluster school teachers.