Co-Curricular Activities (CCA) are one of the four key areas of learning in the Co-Curriculum, which complements the academic curriculum.
CCA plays an important role in the holistic development of our pupils, preparing them for an increasingly globalised and complex future through the inculcation of values, social and emotional competencies and the emerging 21st Century Competencies (21CC).
CCA also provides a means through which students are able to discover their passions, strengths and weaknesses over and beyond what they might learn about themselves in the academic classroom. Students grow as they learn together, strive together, work with and lead one another in the CCA they participate in.
Juying Primary School strives to:
- Provide quality CCA experiences for pupils;
- Ensure development and progression;
- Provide challenge and enjoyment;
- Promote social bonding and integration; and
- Develop pupils’ leadership skills.
To meet the diverse range of interests, Juying Primary School offers our pupils a choice of 11 CCAs, grouped under 3 categories, to choose from.
CCAs offered in 2019
|Physical Sports||Performing Arts||Clubs|
Hip Hop Dance
Opportunities provided through the CCA
If your child/ward demonstrates good performance and positive attitude in the CCA, he/she will have the opportunity to represent the school at National platforms such as National School Games (for Sports CCA), Singapore Youth Festival Arts Presentation (for Performing Arts CCA), National Robotics Programming Competition (for Robotics CCA) and National Climate Challenge Competition (for Infogreen CCA).
Your child/ward will also have the opportunities to participate in the activities organised by the CCA such as friendly matches (for Sports CCA) and performances in school and outside school (for Performing Arts CCA).
For outstanding performance in the CCA, your child/ward will have the opportunity to apply for Secondary School’s Direct School Admission (DSA) through CCA.
Main schedule for all CCAs is on every Friday
- 8.00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
There will be additional training sessions for selected groups of students for selected CCAs.
CCA Policy (for Parents to Note)
- CCA participation is compulsory for all Primary 3 to Primary 6 pupils
- Your child/ward will be required to select his/her top 4 choices of CCA at the end of Primary 2 and will be allocated the most suitable CCA (within your 4 choices) based on:
- Your child’s ability
- Teachers’ recommendations
- Availability of vacancy in the CCA of choice
- Once CCA has been allocated, your child/ward is not allowed to request for a transfer unless:
- Supported by medical reasons (e.g. unable to participate in physical activity)
- Recommended by professionals/external coaches (e.g. your child/ward participates in tournaments outside school, your child/ward participates in similar activities outside school)