Parent Support Group @ Juying Primary School
Established in 2012, the Parent Support Group (PSG) in Juying brings together like-minded parents who not only have our pupils’ interest at heart but are also passionate in serving the school community. Fostering close relationship with the school, and amongst themselves, our committed parent volunteers contribute their time, effort and knowledge to support the school’s programmes and events.
The objectives of the PSG are to:
- Develop and maintain links between teachers, parents and pupils of the school;
- Keep parents informed of the programmes and activities in JYPS;
- Collaborate with the school in efforts to educate pupils through support, participation and organisation of activities;
- Enhance JYPS’s resources for the benefits of the pupils; and
- Encourage social interaction among parents and pupils and other stakeholders of JYPS.
Research has shown that when home and school work hand in hand to support the child’s development, it leads to better learning, healthier self-esteem, and more positive attitudes and behaviour in his/her life. Your child, our pupil, is constantly immersed in various learning environments, particularly in the school and the home. You are encouraged to get involved in your children’s school by contributing your energy and your talents in PSG while fulfilling your need to be involved in your child’s life.
There is always a place for you, no matter how busy your schedule is. To join our Parent Support Group (PSG), please click here to download the Form, fill up your particulars and return it to our General Office through your child. Alternatively, you may email your particulars to the PSG chair at email@example.com.
PSG Executive Committee Organisation
- Chairman: Mdm Rahimah Jaffar
- Vice-chairpersons: Ms Michell Teo
- Secretary: Mdm Chloe Toh
- Treasurer: Mdm Eilen Ong & Mdm Nipa Vaidya
- Reading Programme Coordinator: Mdm Julinda Ammak
- Recycling Coordinator: Mdm Christine Tay & Mdm Leong Siaw Yoon
- Executive Members: Dr Anburaj Amaladoss, Mdm Khiang Mar Win, Mdm Sabariah Ismail, Mdm Zulaiha Abdullah
- Lunar New Year Celebration
- Total Defence Day
- International Friendship Day
- Hari Raya Celebration
- Racial Harmony Day
- National Day
- Teachers’ Day
- Mid Autumn Festival
- Children’s Day
- Lower Primary Sports Day
- PSG Welcome Tea
- Recycling Programme
- Extensive Reading Programme
- Movie Night
- Teachers’ Day Celebration
- Parents’ workshops on academic/parenting areas
- PSG Family Day
Family Matters @ School
With support from MSF, the school’s Family Matters@School (FMS) Programme provides parents with access to family life programmes that enable them to better connect with their children, and nurture stronger family relationships.
For the past few years, our school’s FMS Coordinator has planned a wide series of programmes ranging from parenting talks and workshops, to parent-child bonding activities and social events. All activities are complimentary! Do look out for our flyers!
If you have any queries, you could email our Family Matters @ School Co-ordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.